Secret Assets Owners
  • Investing
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
Politics

Rubio holding secret talks with Raul Castro’s grandson over Cuba’s future: report

by February 19, 2026
February 19, 2026

Secretary of State Marco Rubio has reportedly been holding secret talks with the grandson of Raul Castro, the former President of Cuba. 

The talks between Rubio and Raul Guillermo Rodriguez Castro are bypassing official Cuban government channels, Axios reported. 

‘Our position — the U.S. government’s position — is the regime has to go,’ a senior official told the news outlet. ‘But what exactly that looks like is up to [President Trump] and he has yet to decide. Rubio is still in talks with the grandson.’

‘I wouldn’t call these ‘negotiations’ as much as ‘discussions’ about the future,’ the official added.

Earlier this month, Cuban despot Miguel Díaz-Canel warned his country is ‘close to failing’ as the U.S. shuts off commercial valves vital to its survival, such as fuel and food, followed by nearly 70 years of one-party communist rule.

Cuba’s power grid is failing, hospitals are short of necessary supplies and garbage has piled up on the streets. 

The Trump administration has ratcheted up pressure on the communist-run island in recent weeks, following the arrest of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, a Cuban ally. The administration has accused Havana of cozying up to U.S. adversaries and terrorist groups. 

Fox News Digital has reached out to the State Department. The White House referred Fox News Digital to press secretary Karoline Leavitt’s remarks on Tuesday, in which she said Havana needs to make serious changes. 

‘They are a regime that is falling,’ she said. ‘Their country is collapsing, and that’s why we believe it’s in their best interest to make very dramatic changes very soon. And we’ll see what they decide to do.’

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
previous post
Trump marks Black History Month, announces Medal of Freedom for Carson and praises Nicki Minaj
next post
Trump lauds ‘piece of work’ Jesse Jackson at ‘sold-out’ Black History Month event

You may also like

US thwarted near-catastrophic prison break of 6,000 ISIS...

February 19, 2026

Missile defense race shifts to space; experts say...

February 19, 2026

Florida execs sentenced in $233M Obamacare fraud that...

February 19, 2026

Trump lauds ‘piece of work’ Jesse Jackson at...

February 19, 2026

Trump marks Black History Month, announces Medal of...

February 19, 2026

Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as...

February 19, 2026

Rubio announces designation for Nicaraguan prison official tied...

February 18, 2026

Leavitt scoffs at reporter who questioned when Trump...

February 18, 2026

House Republicans threaten to force Russia sanctions vote...

February 18, 2026

Ex-Victoria’s Secret CEO tells House investigators he was...

February 18, 2026
Join The Exclusive Subscription Today And Get Premium Articles For Free


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Recent Posts

  • US thwarted near-catastrophic prison break of 6,000 ISIS fighters in Syria

    February 19, 2026
  • Missile defense race shifts to space; experts say real battle is in first minutes after launch

    February 19, 2026
  • Florida execs sentenced in $233M Obamacare fraud that targeted homeless, hurricane victims

    February 19, 2026
  • Trump lauds ‘piece of work’ Jesse Jackson at ‘sold-out’ Black History Month event

    February 19, 2026
  • Rubio holding secret talks with Raul Castro’s grandson over Cuba’s future: report

    February 19, 2026
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2025 SecretAssetsOwners.com All Rights Reserved.


Back To Top
Secret Assets Owners
  • Investing
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick