Secret Assets Owners
  • Investing
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
Politics

Lawyer defending Google in DOJ case prepping Harris for debate is ‘conflict of interest,’ Jordan investigates

by September 10, 2024
September 10, 2024

The House Judiciary Committee is requesting a briefing from the Justice Department on how it is working to combat ‘potential conflicts of interest and political bias’ in its lawsuit against Google, amid reports that the Big Tech giant’s lead attorney is helping prep Vice President Kamala Harris for the debate against former President Donald Trump. 

Fox News Digital obtained a letter House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, sent to Attorney General Merrick Garland on Tuesday morning. 

‘The Committee on the Judiciary and the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government continue to conduct oversight of how and to what extent the Executive Branch has colluded with companies and other intermediaries to censor lawful speech,’ Jordan wrote. 

Jordan went on to cite a Fox News Digital report that revealed that the lead attorney defending Google in U.S. v. Google LLC, a high-profile antitrust case led by the Justice Department, is simultaneously advising and prepping Harris for the debate against Trump on Tuesday night, hosted by ABC News in Philadelphia.

Karen Dunn, who is Google’s outside counsel through law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, is listed in the lawsuit as a ‘lead attorney.’ 

Dunn is also on Harris’ campaign team to prep her for her debate against Trump. Dunn also advised Harris ahead of her 2020 vice presidential debate against then-Vice President Mike Pence. 

The Trump campaign, last month, called out a potential conflict of interest. 

‘In light of existing evidence that the Biden-Harris Administration pressured and colluded with Google to censor the lawful speech of American citizens, we write to request a briefing about how the Department of Justice is working to combat potential conflicts of interest and political bias in United States v. Google LLC,’ Jordan wrote. 

‘This apparent conflict of interest raises serious concerns about whether Dunn’s relationship with key figures in the Biden-Harris Administration creates a conflict of interest that could inappropriately bias the Department’s approach in United States v. Google LLC,’ Jordan added. 

Jordan reminded Garland that when he was nominated attorney general, he pledged to ‘guarantee the independence of the Department from partisan influence.’ 

‘This assertion is hard to square with reporting that Ms. Dunn is leading debate preparations for Vice President Harris while she also leads Google’s defense against a Biden-Harris administration lawsuit,’ Jordan wrote.

Jordan said that ‘given this potential conflict of interest,’ he is requesting a briefing on how the DOJ is working to combat ‘this and other potential conflicts of interest and political bias’ in the Google case. 

Jordan asked that DOJ staff arrange the briefing by Sept. 24. 

Neither the Harris campaign nor Dunn responded to Fox News Digital’s request for comment on Dunn’s work ahead of the debate. 

The Justice Department confirmed receipt of the letter, but declined to comment on the matter. 

The revelations come after Google came under scrutiny following the assassination attempt against Trump. Google’s autocomplete search results did not initially register the July 13 assassination attempt against Trump. 

Google admitted that it initially blocked and eliminated search prompts for the assassination attempt against Trump, saying they were prohibited by design and part of the company’s policy to prevent search results for ‘hypothetical political violence against current figures.’ 

‘We do not allow predictions that can be interpreted as accusations against individuals or groups of serious malevolent acts, where there is a lack of well-established or expert supporting evidence,’ he said. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
previous post
Trump-Harris debate: Sen Rick Scott identifies ‘biggest thing’ that can help former president
next post
US and Iraqi officials drawing up plan that could see American troops pulling out as soon as next year

You may also like

Schumer pushes bill to give Pride flag same...

February 16, 2026

Rubio seals civil nuclear cooperation agreement with Hungary

February 16, 2026

Partial government shutdown drags on as DHS funding...

February 16, 2026

Corporate America has decided that DEI needs to...

February 16, 2026

Taiwan ‘will not escalate, but will not yield’...

February 16, 2026

Iran says US must ‘prove they want to...

February 16, 2026

Man who burned Quran in London may get...

February 16, 2026

Hillary Clinton clashes with Czech leader over Trump...

February 15, 2026

Schumer says Dems will fight voter ID push...

February 15, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: Trump hits the links with a...

February 15, 2026
Join The Exclusive Subscription Today And Get Premium Articles For Free


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Recent Posts

  • Schumer pushes bill to give Pride flag same status as US, military flags

    February 16, 2026
  • Rubio seals civil nuclear cooperation agreement with Hungary

    February 16, 2026
  • Partial government shutdown drags on as DHS funding talks stall

    February 16, 2026
  • Corporate America has decided that DEI needs to DIE

    February 16, 2026
  • Taiwan ‘will not escalate, but will not yield’ to Chinese intimidation, foreign minister warns

    February 16, 2026
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2025 SecretAssetsOwners.com All Rights Reserved.


Back To Top
Secret Assets Owners
  • Investing
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick