Secret Assets Owners
  • Investing
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
Politics

Trump plans to plead not guilty to Jack Smith’s revised federal election interference charges

by September 4, 2024
September 4, 2024

Former President Trump plans to plead not guilty to the revised charges in the federal election inference case against him, a new court document shows.

According to a court filing obtained by Fox News, Trump signed an entry of not guilty plea. In the document, which was filed on Tuesday, Trump also waived his right to be present at his arraignment.

‘I authorize my attorneys to enter a plea of not guilty on my behalf to each and every count of the superseding indictment, Doc. 226,’ the document says. ‘I further state that I have received a copy of the superseding indictment and reviewed it with my counsel.’

The case pertains to Trump’s alleged efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Last week, the former president was indicted and given revised criminal charges by Special Counsel Jack Smith, who alleges that the Republican candidate pressured former Vice President Pence to reject legitimate electoral votes, in addition to mounting fake electors in key states that went to President Biden, to attest to Trump’s electoral victory.

Smith revised the charges after a recent Supreme Court ruling extended presidential immunity for official White House acts in a 6-3 decision. 

The recent indictment retains the criminal charges against Trump, including conspiracy to defraud the United States; conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding; obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding; and conspiracy against rights. Trump had previously pleaded not guilty to those charges.

Speaking with Shannon Bream during Sunday’s episode of ‘Fox News Sunday,’ Trump said he had ‘every right’ to do what he did after the 2020 presidential election.

‘Whoever heard you get indicted for interfering with a presidential election where you have every right to do it?’ Trump said.

Vice President Harris’s presidential campaign released a statement blasting Trump on Monday and claimed that the Republican candidate’s recent comments ‘make it clear that he believes he is above the law.’

‘Now, Trump is claiming he had ‘every right’ to interfere in the 2020 election. He did not,’ a Harris campaign spokesperson said in the statement.

Reuters and Fox News Digital’s Adam Shaw contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
previous post
Chip Roy says voters ‘don’t give 2 flying s—s’ about government shutdown fight
next post
DOJ charges Hamas leaders over ‘terrorist atrocities’ in Oct 7 Israel attack

You may also like

Rubio shines on global stage while AOC, Whitmer,...

February 16, 2026

GOP lawmaker joins Democrat-led effort to limit Trump’s...

February 16, 2026

NAACP asks judge to limit how feds use...

February 16, 2026

RNC mocks ‘Forget someone again??’ after Dems’ Presidents...

February 16, 2026

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy says he met with Democratic senators,...

February 16, 2026

Schumer pushes bill to give Pride flag same...

February 16, 2026

Rubio seals civil nuclear cooperation agreement with Hungary

February 16, 2026

Partial government shutdown drags on as DHS funding...

February 16, 2026

Corporate America has decided that DEI needs to...

February 16, 2026

Taiwan ‘will not escalate, but will not yield’...

February 16, 2026
Join The Exclusive Subscription Today And Get Premium Articles For Free


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Recent Posts

  • And So It Goes: The Cycle of Tobacco Tax Policy

    February 16, 2026
  • Rubio shines on global stage while AOC, Whitmer, and Newsom take heat

    February 16, 2026
  • GOP lawmaker joins Democrat-led effort to limit Trump’s pardon power

    February 16, 2026
  • NAACP asks judge to limit how feds use Georgia voter data seized by FBI

    February 16, 2026
  • RNC mocks ‘Forget someone again??’ after Dems’ Presidents Day post leaves out big name

    February 16, 2026
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2025 SecretAssetsOwners.com All Rights Reserved.


Back To Top
Secret Assets Owners
  • Investing
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick